Advocate in Latvia / Lithuania / Estonia
Tel.: +371 67 24 00 90
- Legal services in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Taxation in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Tax Consulting in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Litigation in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia
- Finance and Banking in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia
- Patents and Trademarks Law in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia
- Regulatory Compliance in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, USA; (LL.M., 1995);
Recipient of the U.S. Senator Edmund F. Muskie scholarship, (1994);
Institute of International Affairs (International Business Studies, (1994);
Law School of the University of Latvia (LL.B., 1993).
Founder of Gencs Valters Law Firm (since 2000);
Chairman of the Norwegian Chamber of Commerce in Latvia (2008 -2011);
Lecturer in the Stockholm's School of Economics in Latvia (2000);
Head of Tax & Legal department of Ernst & Young Latvia, Head of Tax ad hoc group of the Foreign Investors Council in Latvia (1998-2002);
Member of the Working Group on Intellectual Property Protection and Enforcement Issues appointed by Prime Minister (1999);
Member of the Working Group on Tax Law appointed by the Prime Minister (1997);
Welsh & Katz, Ltd., Chicago (1995);
Legal Counsel for Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia
- EUROPEAN TAXATION, 2007 (IBFD) International Income Tax Changes in Latvia;
- TAX ANALYSTS (USA) country correspondent;
- BNA World Intellectual Property Report;
- Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Trademarks in Latvia;
- EIPR International Bar Association, 1997.
Attorney in Latvia, Latvian Bar Association; Attorney in Estonia, Estonian Bar Association; attorney in Lithuania, Lithuanian Bar Association, International Bar Association, AIPLA; FICPI, ECTA;AIPPI; ES USA & CANADA; ITMA; INTA; MARQUES, GRUR, International Tax Planning Association; Latvian Patent Attorney, Latvian Trademark Attorney, Latvian Design Patent Attorney, Association of Latvian Patent Attorneys; European Patent and Trademark Attorney.
English, Latvian and Russian
Get your FREE Copy
of Guide to do Business in the Baltics
About Valters Gencs
In many regards, Latvian advocate Valters Gencs is the archetypal modern Baltic attorney – US educated, willing to take a commercial risk with his firm, which has been successfully operating for almost 16 years.
Our team consists of knowledgeable and experienced advocates, lawyers and tax consultants in the Baltic States. Our professionals will find the most appropriate solution for your situation.
Gencs Valters Law Firm has a 20-year practical experience in legal services, tax consulting, mergers and acquisitions, banking law, finance consulting, corporate, intellectual property, immigration and litigation.